-
September 28th, 2004, 11:30 PM
#801
HB Forum Owner
You should create a new thread for that...
Aside from electronic synthesizers, which are the most versatile ones, piano is a versatile, powerful instrument and performs greatly alone. Even more versatile (octaves and effects) is the pipe organ, not to mention they are beautiful. When properly used, I love harpsichords. Ocarinas are as simple as effective to create a nice, warm, relaxing atmosphere. But my favorite instrument is the violin, I love how it sounds, and string ensembles are great. So this is my list:
1. Violin
2. Piano
3. Harpsichord
4. Pipe Organ
5. Ocarina
6. Harp
My least favorite instrument, out of the top 50 commons, is the electric guitar. Sounds noisy (as in "randomish subwaves") and has very poor harmonics, so it usually creates low-quality, poor (as in not rich) music.
-
September 29th, 2004, 12:00 AM
#802
Senior Hostboard Member
I play the electric guitar, and no offense taken. Your referring to distortion, the gritty effect used typically in punk/rock/metal, and the crazy subwaves are the feedback, which occurs when you place the guitar too close to the amplifier. I tend not to indulge in these effects too often, the heaviest i go is the blues, which has a soft tone and sounds more placid and harmonic.
I bought myself an effects pedal for ?130, which enables me to play my electric with the sound and resonance of clean and acoustic guitars, which has infinitely broadened my horizons. I can now play classical pieces such as the Moonlight Sonata and Classical Gas using finger-picking styles, and it sounds just like the real thing, as well as being able to create my own effects.
In this way, the electric guitar is a valuable and versatile instrument, in that its subject to experimentation and has great potential in originality. They arent just about distortion and power chords.
In any case, my top five instruments are as follows:
1. Piano
2. Electric Guitar
3. Violin
4. Flute
5. Bagpipes
I find the Piano to hold the most compositional power, thanks to its simple layout. From this instrument, i can unlock the potential of a lot of other instruments, where the musical theory wont be so easy to figure out.
<font color="#101010" size="1">[ September 28, 2004 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
September 29th, 2004, 12:35 AM
#803
HB Forum Owner
Note that I do like some electric guitar music when it's more melodic and fits, as typically used in J-Pop, especially when it's just an instrument behind synthesizers. Xenogears Small Two of Pieces and Xenosaga Episode II Fatal Fight (Jin & Margulis) are two examples where it fits for me, too.
-
September 29th, 2004, 12:49 AM
#804
Inactive Member
Ever heard any Jimi Hendrix or Roger Waters, Wiseman?
1. E-Guitar (Ooooh... original.)
2. French Horn
3. Sax
4. Human voice (Think Omar's voice from TMV and also opera type stuff, as long as it is good.)
5. Drums. (Done correctly, like Nick Mason.)
-
September 29th, 2004, 04:09 AM
#805
Senior Hostboard Member
Well don't expect more froma RAWK maniac, I'm not a musician... lolz [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
September 29th, 2004, 04:11 AM
#806
Inactive Member
aye... but dont forget to spread your horizons
-
September 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM
#807
Inactive Member
1. Piano
2. Electric Guitar
3. Flute
4. Violin
5. Voice
Gah, looking back on it mine's almost exactly like Cata's >_<
-
September 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
#808
HB Forum Owner
I will do what I should have done yesterday ? let's keep this thread ontopic and go to the new Favorite musical instrument/s [!OT] thread created to talk about this and not lose it nor this thread.
-
September 29th, 2004, 01:31 PM
#809
Senior Hostboard Member
Good idea, good work, typical Miguel ^^ I spelled teh word typical right again! lolz
-
September 29th, 2004, 01:38 PM
#810
Inactive Member
agh i dont wanna post my list again =P
keke i found this article on web MD that Miguel would hate
they did a study where men with high blood pressure drank less than 60g of wine a day and others didnt and after 13-20 yrs and 4,000 deaths among the men in the study, the ones who drank the wine lived longer, or didnt die yet say..... 30%-40% of them depending on the bloodpressure
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks